Bopiliao Old Street’s history dates
back to Qing Dynasty.
After more than two hundred years,
it retains the historical looks in the
modern city life of Taipei.
It was reserved as part of the campus of LaoSong Elementary School (1896), so other construction was forbidden in this area. Thanks to that, the outline of urban planning during Qing Dynasty and the architecture built during Japanese occupation are kept in Bopiliao Old Street.
The repairing process of the west side of Bopiliao Historic Block was done in 2009. The goal was to preserve the buildings’ and the alleys’ original looks. During the same year, Bopiliao Historic Block received the license to be used for educational purpose.